Thank you to all our parents! Especially our fabulous room parents - Tami Ranado and Li Yi. Through their support and coordination, we've all had a remarkable year filled with memorable moments together. Thank you!!!
To better support our learners, we're looking for some feedback on the year so we can strengthen our program for next year. This survey will take no more than 5 minutes and it will greatly improve our program. Thank you for your time!
Thank you for an amazing year!!!
- Fun swim on Monday! Participation is optional; if swimming, students need their swim kit (bathing suit, towel, cap, etc.)
- Join us for our Closing Circle on Tuesday. We'll have lunch at 11:45am and will begin our circle about 12:30pm which will last about 45 minutes
- Whole-school Closing Assembly at 10:45am on Wednesday in the new gym
Our last week has been an exciting one! We 'moved up' to Grade 4 on Monday and spent some time with Ms. Chestnut's fourth grade class. We learned so really cool facts about fourth grade and we're super excited for our overnight field trip to Green School.
Tuesday was awesome! We spent the day in Old Town exploring Warsaw's amazing history. Our Polish Language teachers are very knowledgeable about Warsaw and its history.
Wednesday we celebrated Dinis, Camille, and Ariel. We learned about Holland from Dinis. We also made some goodbye cards for each of them. Thanks Ms. Hamlin!
Friday was another great day and we enjoyed popcorn as we watched a hilarious movie!!
It's been a great year!!!!!
Thank you for an awesome year!!!
- Field Trip to Old Town on Tuesday 13 June
- Library Summer Check-out Starts on Wednesday 14 June
Summer Reading Recommendations
- No School on Thursday 15 June
- 3D Closing Circle Tuesday 20 June
- All School Assembly 10:30 on Wednesday 21 June
Another busy and exciting week as we bring our year to a close! This week we finished our Memory Book pages, had a guest speaker, put on an amazing concert with Grade 4, and had fun with some outdoor cooperation activities. It was an action-packed week!
We've been continuing with our discussions around conflict and strategies to resolve conflict. On Monday and Tuesday we worked through different scenarios and thought about strategies we could use. One big idea we learned is that sometimes it's ok to agree to disagree and still be friends!
In our Math discussions, we've continued to think about fractions and how we can divide them up in different ways but still have equivalent fractions. Also, we've been discussing data - how we collect it, how we represent it, and how we interpret it. Graphs have been a big part of our discussions and the different ways we can use them.
With our writing, we were very creative this week with our own 'Fraction Fairy Tale'. Check out Marci's video below:
Don't miss this FREE Science Fair at the National Stadium Saturday from 11-20:00
- Memory Book Photos! Select your photos this weekend so we can build our pages on Monday
- June 8 - Grade 3 & 4 Concert at 9am
- June 12 - Moving up day! We'll be spending time with Grade 4 teachers
- June 13 - Old Town Field Trip
- June 15 - No School
We had so many events! Tuesday was our field trip to the Powsin Botanical Gardens, we had our French class celebration on Thursday, Wrapped Up in Reading Awards was also on Thursday, and Friday was field day!!! What a week!! Check out all the awesome photos!
With all that we did still have time to work on our simile and metaphor writing as well as our conceptual understanding of fractions. We're making sense of equivalent fractions and also how they make sense in our daily lives.
Unit Overview with link to Home Learning Tasks
ES Tech Blog - a guide to apps and resources
Ms. Brewster's Blog
Ms. MacKenty's Blog
Growth Mindset in Maths
ASW Library Database
Teacher = kdunevant1